Batman is up there with the most popular superheroes of all time. A bona fide stalwart of the superhero scene, Batman first appeared in DC Comics in 1939. A masked warrior, who whizzes around the city of Gotham with his infamous cape blowing in the wind, Batman is a far cry from his alter-ego, Bruce Wayne. A playboy and philanthropist, Wayne decided to campaign for good and stamp out evil in Gotham City after witnessing his parents being murdered. When there’s a damsel in distress or the city is under threat, Wayne becomes Batman. Flanked by his sidekick, Robin, and empowered by his futuristic wagon, the Batmobile, Batman is capable of taking on even the hardiest, most evil villains and enemies of the state. The most notorious of his opponents is The Joker. I imagine The Joker would love this list of Batman jokes!
Having gained popularity rapidly after his first DC comics appearance, Batman got his very own comic, and the animated strips were subsequently turned into a major TV series and a string of blockbuster movies.
We all love Batman, and over the years, we’ve enjoyed watching TV programmes, reading comics and watching the great and the good of Hollywood bringing the comic characters to life on the big screen. In celebration of the caped crusader, we’ve come up with our pick of the best Batman jokes for your enjoyment!
The best Batman jokes
- What’s the difference between Batman and a shoplifter? Batman can go into a store without Robin.
- What did Batman do when he went shopping? Got ham.
- What do you call it when Batman skips church? Christian Bale
- What does Batman put in his drinks? Just ice.
- What happened when Batman and Robin were run over by a steam roller? They became Flatman and Ribbon.
- What’s Batman’s favourite order from the Chinese takeaway? Kung Pow chicken.
- Why is Two Face one of the best villains? Because he’s not half bad.
- What is Batman’s favourite part of telling jokes? The punch line.
- How many caped crusaders does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer the dark!
- What would Batman do if he wasn’t rich? He’d be Robin.
- My girlfriend said that I was annoying her because all I talk about is Batman….the joker!
- Where does Batman go when he needs the loo? The bat room.
- Why was Bruce Wayne’s date a disaster? He had bat breath.
- What is Batman’s favourite drink? Fruit punch.
- How did Batman’s mum call him for dinner? Dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner Batman.
Since Batman was created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger in the 1930s, his rise to fame has been epic, and many a child and plenty of adults have enjoyed watching him bash baddies and save the city of Gotham time and time again. With his trusty steed, Robin, at his side, Batman has successfully negotiated a never-ending string of missions, and his avid fans are waiting with bated breath to see what’s next for the original man in black. Over the years, the role of Batman has attracted some of the finest actors in Hollywood, and with technology advancing all the time, it seems that the Batman films will continue to blow minds and make jaws drop for many years to come.